I was just granted asylum. Can I petition for my parents to immigrate now?

No. You must be a U.S. citizen to be eligible to petition for a parent. As an asylee, you must first reside continuously in the U.S. for one year before applying for your green card. You must then wait five years after obtaining your green card to be eligible for naturalization.

How Can We Help?

Fill out our online form