U.S. K-1 Fiancé(e) Immigration Visas

U.S. citizens are eligible to apply for a fiancé(e) to enter the U.S. for the purpose of immigrating if certain requirements are met:

  • Must have met in person within the past 2 years
  • Must demonstrate intent to marry within 90 days of immigrant's admission to the U.S.

After entering the U.S., the intending immigrant must marry the U.S. citizen within 90 days, and then apply for adjustment of status (green card). Please see our page on Immediate Relatives for more information on adjustment of status for spouses of U.S. citizens.

How We Can Help

  • We assist you with completing the application and assembling evidence of your intentions to marry and complete the immigration process.
  • We represent you through the process of obtaining the K-1 visa at the consulate.
  • After your fiancé(e) arrives in the U.S., we assist with completing the remaining paperwork and provide representation at your USCIS interview.

We welcome you to contact the Brian M. Wang | Whiteman Osterman & Hanna LLP to schedule a consultation about how we may be of service in your immigration matter. Based in the Albany, NY Capital District area, we assist clients throughout New York—including "Tech Valley"—in all 50 states, and worldwide with United States immigration law.

How Can We Help?

Fill out our online form